A brief introduction to Hecla Island, Manitoba
Protruding into the vast waters of Lake Winnipeg, one of the world’s largest lakes, Hecla Island contains some of Manitoba’s most unique culture, wildlife and scenery.
Located north of Winnipeg on the west side of Lake Winnipeg, Hecla Island forms part of Hecla/Grinstone Provincial Park. Biodiversity abounds in this relatively unknown part of Canada. Go there for sandy beaches, marshes, cliffs, hiking, biking, sailing, golf, wildlife and Icelandic (yes, Icelandic) culture.
Top ten pages on OT
1. Five alternatives to South America's top destinations
2. Hang gliding in Rio de Janeiro
3. Responsible travel on the Inca Trail
4. The Ten Commandments for night bus travellers
5. Touring the Pantanal with the world's most hardcore guide
6. The two month slump: Colca Canyon, Peru
7. Images: South America roundup